A duplicate profile is an unclaimed profile that represents a practice or provider with a claimed profile. All duplicate profiles should be reported to the site for removal.
Profiles are periodically generated based on information found online and in various databases. Be proactive about addressing duplicate profiles by searching for your practice and providers on each site once a month.
Note: All provider profiles on Google and Yelp need to be reported as duplicates of your practice’s claimed profile.
Google+ Local (Google My Business)
You do not need to be signed into your Google account to report a duplicate profile.
You will need to report each duplicate profile separately.
- Search for profiles by:
- Practice name and popular variations
- Address or phone number
- Provider names
- This will take you to the Google+ Local (Google My Business) profile.Select the duplicate profile you wish to report by clicking on the profile name.
- Under Contact Information, click Edit details.
- On the next page, select Place is a duplicate of another place. Provide a detailed explanation, include the URL of your claimed profile and click Submit.
Note: Sometimes Google does not remove profiles when they are reported as duplicates. It’s important to check periodically to ensure the reported profile is removed.
You do not need to be signed into your Yelp account to report a duplicate profile.
You can perform multiple searches and select multiple duplicate profiles at once.
- Find the duplicate business page by searching for it on the Yelp Homepage.
- Select the listing and click the Edit business info link.
- Scroll down and check the This is a duplicate of another business on Yelp box at the bottom.
- Provide your email if you are not logged in to your user account.
- In the Notes section, include the link to the claimed business page.
- Click Submit.
You do not need to be signed into your Vitals account to report a duplicate profile.
You can report all duplicates in one submission.
- Click on Contact Customer Care under Get Support to reveal the contact form.
- Fill in the required fields. Under Issue, select Remove data from the drop-down.
- In the Comments box, provide a detailed explanation, include the provider’s full name, NPI, the duplicate profile URL, as well as the URL of your claimed profile and clickSubmit.